University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation
Sleep Lab Technician
Reporting to the Chief Technician and Sleep Lab Program Manager, the Sleep Lab Technician performs a variety of sleep studies to diagnose the type and extent of disorders. The Sleep Lab Technician works closely with patients to diagnose and determine therapy for patients with a variety of disorders related to sleep. Technicians¿ score sleep data and prepare raw data for physician interpretation.
- Graduate of a polysomnographic technologist training school, required
- One year of full time employment as a polysomnographic technologist, preferred
- Experience with scoring sleep data, preferred
- Certification as a Licensed Polysomnographic Technician required
- Ability to initiate appropriate therapeutic interventions according to laboratory policy
- Ability to troubleshoot respiratory therapy devices and physiologic monitoring equipment
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Pediatric experience highly desirable
- Certification in BLS required
Home to UW-Madison, Madison consistently ranks as a top community in which to live, work, play & raise a family boasting more than 15,000 acres of sparkling lakes & beaches, 260 parks, distinctive restaurants & shops, & an irreverent spirit of fun.
We want you to join us as a member of one of the top 10 academic health centers in the country! We offer a competitive salary & elite benefit package. For more information & to apply on-line please visit www.uwhealth.org/careers & search for UW Medical Foundation openings or
608-821-4164 (Human Resources)
How to Apply: Please visit www.uwhealth.org/careers to apply for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer/Background Check Applies