Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Yale University has an opening for a Sleep Center Supervisor. The incumbent of this position will supervise the Yale Center of Sleep Medicine polysomnography acquisition services that are in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Work closely with supervisor of respiratory services and director to achieve the goals of the Center. Market the sleep medicine services which include visits to physicians and outside community presenting and promoting the program while optimizing the processes for patient admission and sleep studies. Educate technical clerical staff and performing in service sessions and develop proficiency and competency evaluations for each technical staff. Maintain CPR certifications for technical staff. Evaluate and disseminate statistics that describe the function of the laboratory. Oversee, and maintain environmental control of sleep laboratories including chemical agent use and air quality within the standards of the OEHS of Yale University.
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor’s Degree in related field and two years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, organize, and be detail oriented. Demonstrated leadership skills. Ability to supervise a complex technical environment.
- Ability to be creative, self-confident, and take initiative in order to provide leadership to a diverse environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills. Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to carry an on call pager.
- Excellent team building skills.
- Preferred: Registered Polysomnography Technologist by the Board of Registered Polysomnography Technologist or Sleep Disorder Specialist by National Board for Respiratory Care or Registered Sleep Technologist by the American Board of Sleep Medicine; previous supervisory experience; CPR Certification; Connecticut license as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at www.Yale.edu/jobs - the STARS req ID for this position is 16544BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.