Recent Circadian Rhythm News
Circadian Wire is an occasional supplemental news report
capturing circadian rhythm news of relevant interest to sleep technologists and sleep health educators not featured in
our regular news series, This Week in Sleep Medicine.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
NOTE: Some links might require additional registration or password access. If you work in a sleep clinic, hospital system, or research institution, you should be able to allocate access through them.
- Sleep Review : Researchers Look at the Role of GABA Neurons in the Central Circadian Clock [SEPT 9, 2019]
- University of South Australia via Newswise : Shifting weight in shift workers: world first study [SEPT 9, 2019]
- Reuters : 'Social jet lag' linked to poorly controlled diabetes [AUG 29, 2019]
- University of California San Francisco : After 10-Year Search, Scientists Find Second ‘Short Sleep’ Gene [AUG 28, 2019]
- Sleep Review : Virgin Atlantic Launches Sleep by Headspace In-Flight to Help Passengers and Crew Get Some Rest While Traveling [AUG 27, 2019]
- USC News : Can the circadian clock in cancer cells help defeat a deadly brain cancer? [AUG 27, 2019]
- Osteoporosis International : Rapid suppression of bone formation marker in response to sleep restriction and circadian disruption in men [AUG 24, 2019]
- Journal of Biophotonics : The inner clock—Blue light sets the human rhythm [AUG 21, 2019]
- San Jose State University Research Foundation via Jove : Collecting Sleep, Circadian, Fatigue, and Performance Data in Complex Operational Environments [AUG 8, 2019]
- The Conversation : Human breast milk may help babies tell time via circadian signals from mom [AUG 5, 2019]