This Week in Sleep Medicine: November 3, 2020
While You Were Sleeping: What Sleep Technologists Need to Know This Week
Your media watchdog for headlines and trends
relevant to sleep technology and patient education.
REGISTER NOW: AAST Webinar, Nov 5, 2020—The WHY's and HOW's of Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic in the Sleep Center
Dr. Seema Khosla, Medical Director of the North Dakota Center for Sleep in Fargo, ND and industry expert contributor will provide a look into how she is managing patient care, break down the ”WHY’s” that sleep centers have to respond to and the risks presented by this pandemic, as well as the need to educate our patients on the safety precautions being taken.
The AAST is also responding to the "HOW's" of implementation of a safety plan. Dottie Covey-Elleby, ACHC Corporate Accreditation Surveyor will provide her perspective on best practices for meeting national safety standards. AAST Members who attend this webinar will be able to claim 1 CE credit after passing a short knowledge assessment.
- 3 experts on how COVID-19 changed manufacturing and supply chains around the world
FAST COMPANY || November 2, 2020
- The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on patients with narcolepsy
JOURNAL OF CLINICAL SLEEP MEDICINE || October 30, 2020
- Turbocharging NIV: how to increase oxygen delivery in home mechanical ventilators
BMJ || October 23, 2020
- COVID-19 lockdown reduced mental health, sleep, exercise
PENNINGTON BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH CENTER || October 23, 2020
- Does melatonin really help COVID-19 recovery?
SEATTLE TIMES || October 14, 2020
For the latest information, please check the following resources:
- Updated: Sleep-Related COVID-19 Resources
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF SLEEP TECHNOLOGISTS
- Updated: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Daily Roundup October , 2020
U.S. FOOD & DRUG ADMINISTRATION
- Latest: AMERICAN ACADEMY OF SLEEP MEDICINE
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak