The new issue of A2Zzz (Volume 23, Number 3) is available on the AAST website. While reading the enhanced online edition, you also have the option of downloading the issue as a PDF file.
This issue of A2Zzz gives you an opportunity to earn 2.0 AAST continuing education credits (CECs). Read four of the designated CEC articles and go online to claim your credits by December 5, 2014.
In this issue you will find outstanding articles such as:
- Education is the Key to the Future of Our Profession
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea May Worsen Symptom Control in People With Hypertension and Asthma
- Sleep Technology and Patient Engagement: Using Health Information Technology to Engage Patients and Improve Sleep Health Outcomes
- Workplace Effects of Sleep-Disordered Breathing
- Updates to the Scoring of Sleep and Associated Events
- The Current and Future Role of Telemedicine in Sleep Technology
- The Future of Sleep Technology: Report from an American Association of Sleep Technologists Summit Meeting
- And much more!
A2Zzz is available online only and is the official publication of the American Association of Sleep Technologists. A2Zzz is now being made available to both AAST members and non-members. However, only members can earn CECs. To provide comments about A2Zzz or to submit an original article for publication in the magazine, contact the managing editor at A2Zzz@aastweb.org.
Claim CECs Online
Don't forget the AAST recently released a new and improved method for members to claim Continuing Education Credits for each issue of A2Zzz. Members may now only claim your CECs directly online through the AAST website.
After logging into your AAST account and opening the A2Zzz page, you will see an additional button: "Earn CECs". Clicking on that button will take you to a page that lists the articles eligible for earning CECs. You will be able to click on the "Earn CECs" link next to each article name to claim the CEC for that article and complete a brief evaluation. Please note that only a maximum of 2.00 CECs can be earned, even if additional articles are eligible.
When you are completed with this process, the CECs will automatically be applied to your account, reflected on the "My CECs" page, and tracked on your AAST Transcript. Additionally, you will be able to print a certificate for each issue that you've claimed CECs for online. Should you have any questions while completing the online claims process, please contact the National Office at 630-737-9704.
The AAST thanks the following advertisers for supporting this issue of A2Zzz: