As we prepare for the New Year, it is important to look back and reflect on what made 2019 a great year for the organization. The success of the AAST is largely due to volunteer committee members who provide an invaluable service to the association. Our committees have continued to contribute through diverse activities and projects focused on advancing and promoting the sleep technology profession.
AAST is also proud to have become a partner with Start School Later, a coalition of health professionals, sleep scientists, educators, parents, students, and other concerned citizens dedicated to increasing public awareness about the relationship between sleep and school start times.
This year we met in St. Louis, MO for our 2019 Annual Meeting. The success of Leading the Evolution in Sleep and the first CCSH Focused Education Program was due to our dedicated AAST volunteers on this year’s Program Committee, the CCSH program committee, the engaged attendees, highly knowledgeable speakers, and our generous sponsors.
Last, but certainly not least – on behalf of the AAST Board of Directors, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing to be a member of AAST this year. As a volunteer organization that is dedicated to our members – we could not do it without you. The future of our organization is exciting and full of potential. I look forward to working beside you throughout my tenure as your AAST President.
Thank You for Continuing to be a Member of the AAST Community
As you know, the field of sleep technology is rapidly changing, and your AAST membership is important and relevant to helping you successfully navigate today’s shifting landscape. As a valued member of the AAST community, we hope that your experiences with us this year were and will continue to be impactful.
If you recently renewed your membership, welcome back! AAST is uniquely focused on providing you with the community, education, and timely information you need to succeed in your career.
If you have yet not renewed your membership for 2020, your current membership will expire in a few short weeks. Renew now to guarantee your membership remains active through December 31, 2020. We have so much in store for the New Year.
Member Exclusive Benefits
- Free CECs to help maintain your certification and build your knowledge to ensure you are updated on changing trends within the field
- Continuing Education Credit yearly tracking with My CEC Portal
- The most relevant sleep education through blogs, articles, online courses, technical guidelines, and more, to help propel your education forward
- Discounts on events and educational products, including The Clinical Sleep Health Professional Workbookdesigned for health professionals who work directly with sleep medicine patients, families and other healthcare practitioners to coordinate and manage patient care and improve outcomes
- Information, tools, and resources you need to enhance your knowledge and skills through a library of online videos and advanced learning modules within the AAST Learning Center
- Access to the AAST Career Center resources for employers and job seekers
- Access to a network of over 4,000+ sleep professionals from whom you can seek out advice and best practices
- Volunteer opportunities to serve on committees and the Board of Directors