|The American Association of Sleep Technologists (AAST) has established a scholarship named in memorial of Rose Ann Zumstein, 8th President (2002-2005) and a dedicated leader in the field of sleep technology. The scholarship is intended to be used to defray expenses for a deserving sleep technologist to attend the AAST Annual Meeting. The scholarship is funded by the AAST, its members and corporate contributors.
Rose Ann Zumstein
The AAST will award the RoseAnn Zumstein Memorial Scholarship for up to two indvidiuals to attend the AAST Annual Meeting. The award will include the cost of registration to the Annual Meeting plus $500 per scholarship for travel and lodging fees.
In order to be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current member of the AAST;
- Be employed in the field of sleep medicine for the past 6 months;
- Hold certification in sleep technology or be certification-eligible; and
- Show need of financial assistance to participate in continuing education.
- Complete and accurate application.
- Letter from supervisor indicating that funding to attend educational programs is not available to the candidate.
- Proof of employment in the field of sleep technology for the past 6 months.
- Proof of certification or evidence of certification eligibility in sleep technology.
- A personal typed statement of no more than two single spaced pages stating financial need, commitment to the field and worthiness of character and leadership qualities.
- A letter of recommendation (from the Medical Director, supervisor or employer) emphasizing the character of the applicant. Note: letters from family members are not acceptable.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have questions or require additional information, please contact the AAST Coordinator at email@example.com.
Selection of Recipients
Following selection, recipients should submit a digital photograph for publication in the AAST’s A2ZzzMagazine.
In the event that selected applicants are unable to attend the Annual Meeting, the scholarship will be withdrawn and may be awarded to an alternate candidate.