AAST has long subscribed to and encourages the sleep technology profession to maintain the highest level of professional standards. As a member of the AAST you must recognize your responsibility to patients first and foremost, as well as to the association, to other health professionals, and to yourself. The following principles adopted by the AAST Board of Directors are not laws, but standards of conduct which define the essentials of honorable behavior for the sleep technology profession.
Members of AAST shall:
- Be dedicated to providing competent care with compassion and respect for human dignity and rights.
- Uphold the standards of professionalism and be honest in all professional interactions.
- Respect the rights of patients, colleagues, and other health professionals, and shall safeguard patient confidences and privacy within the constraints of the law.
- Maintain a commitment to continuing education.
- Will not participate in unethical or illegal acts and refuse to conceal such activities.
- Respect the rights of all.
- Comply with all Federal and State regulations that pertain to the Polysomnographic Technology profession.