By attending an AAST CCSH Designated Education Program Workshop, you will become eligible for the BRPT CCSH exam through Pathway 3 and earn 7.5 AAST continuing education credits (CECs) upon completion.
The Certification in Clinical Sleep Health (CCSH), offered through the BRPT, showcases the knowledge of those who manage patient care as healthcare providers and educators. In addition to meeting specific educational/clinical requirements, individuals must hold a Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification or its equivalent, adhere to the BRPT Standards of Conduct and pass the CCSH examination.
AAST launched the CCSH Designated Education Program to allow those with their RPSGT to become eligible to earn their CCSH. Upon completion of this workshop and after receiving a passing score on the AAST post-test, RPSGT credential holders who have re-certified at least once will be eligible to apply for the CCSH credential through the BRPT.
- Those who completed an AAST CCSH Designated Education Program have an overall pass rate of 81% on the BRPT CCSH Exam!
2023 In-Person Workshop Dates/Location
- Saturday, October 14, 2023 8:00 a.m. CDT - 3:30 p.m. CDT - Sunday, October 15, 2023 8:00 a.m. CDT - 12:00 p.m. CDT
- AAST Headquarters Office, 330 N Wabash Ave, 60654 Chicago, IL
- Laree J. Fordyce, MS, CCRP, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, FAAST, Director, Clinical Sleep Services, Maple Respiratory Group, Calgary, Canada Area
- T. "Massey" Arrington, MBA, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, AVP Respiratory and Sleep Services at WellStar Health System, Atlanta Metropolitan Area
- Debbie Guerrero, MS, RPSGT, CCSH, RRT, Sleep Technology Program Coordinator at Moraine Valley Community College, Palos Hills, Illinois
Session 1 – Sleep Across the Life Cycle & Circadian Rhythms
Session 2 – Evaluation of Sleep Disorders
Session 3 – Clinical Evaluation and Management for the CCSH
Session 4 – Incidence and Prevalence of Sleep Disorders
Session 5 – Clinical Evaluation – Part I
Session 6 – Clinical Evaluation – Part II
Session 7 – Patient Follow-Up and Management
This program includes seven presentations including recorded case study scenarios, a physical and virtual copy of the CCSH Workbook, online access to the presentation handouts and the AAST CCSH Post-Test Exam. Expand your understanding with the case-study learning module that reviews eight patient scenarios. Recorded for your review, learners can rewind, replay, or revisit at another time following the in-person education. You are encouraged to review each scenario, consider what information is important, and think about how you would respond in each situation. Your access will be live at the conclusion of the in-person workshop.
Hotel & Lodging
Below you will find a list of hotel options located within walking distance of the AAST Headquarters office and some of the city’s most sought-after attractions for you to take advantage of. Individuals must make their own reservations by calling the hotel directly or clicking on the reservation links provided below.
- Address: 20 W Kinzie St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone: (312) 395-9000
- (2-minute walk)
Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection
- Address: 333 N Dearborn St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone: (312) 245-0333
- (2-minute walk)
The Royal Sonesta Chicago River North
- Address: 505 N State St, Chicago, IL 60654
- Phone: (312) 755-9703
- (3-minute walk)
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Chicago
- Address: 225 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60601
- Phone: (312) 960-8500
- (4-minute walk)
There are three pathways of eligibility for the BRPT CCSH exam.
- Pathway #1 is for candidates who have 1,000 hours of clinical experience in sleep health and hold a Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Pathway #2 is for candidates who have an approved healthcare credential and hold an Associate degree or above.
- Pathway #3 is for the active RPSGT credential holder who has recertified at least once, completes a CCSH designated focused education program and attains an approved program certificate.
The AAST program has been approved by the BRPT as a CCSH Designated Focused Education Program under pathway #3. Participants seeking the CCSH credential through pathway #3 that complete this designated focused education program, including successfully completing the accompanying course exam with a score of 70% or better, will receive a certificate of eligibility to sit for the BRPT CCSH exam via pathway #3 at the end of the program.
Information on CCSH Credential Eligibility through the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) can be found here: https://www.brpt.org/ccsh/eligibility/
Important Information Regarding the AAST Post-Test Exam and Access:
- We recommend you utilize all of the accompanying handouts and the CCSH workbook as tools to continue reviewing prior to attempting the AAST CCSH Post-Test Exam. The AAST CCSH Post-Test Exam is open book and you will have two attempts to achieve a 70% or greater score. Further instructions are provided in your Learning Center.
- There is no time limit for completing the post-test once you begin, however, participants will only receive two attempts.
- Participants may attempt the exam twice, and must receive an overall score of 70% or higher to pass.
- Participants will receive a certificate upon successful completion of the exam. This is the certificate that will be used to verify pathway eligibility for the CCSH credentialing examination.
[back to top]
Recorded CCSH Designated Education Program Modules
Find the recorded modules in the AAST Learning Center.
- AAST Member-rate: $199
- Non-member rate: $249
Purchase the Recorded Modules Now