This year's Sleep Technologists Appreciation Week (STAW) will take place October 27 - November 2!
This week provides the sleep community with an opportunity to applaud the numerous accomplishments made in the sleep disorders centers, laboratories, educational facilities, and within AAST. Celebrate with your colleagues! Be sure to share your photos on social media! #STAW2019
Sleep Technologist Appreciation Week Discounts:
Sleep Technologists Appreciation Week posters can be purchased here: https://www.zazzle.com/aast_staw_poster_2019-228866313796378424
AAST Swag can be purchased here: https://members.aastweb.org/page/online-store. Use code STAW2019 for discounts on coffee mugs and water bottles.
The Clinical Sleep Health Professional Workbook can be purchased here: https://members.aastweb.org/page/online-store. Use code CCSH2019 for $25 off your purchase.
#STAW2019 Social Media Contest:
Show us how you're celebrating STAW! Share your photos with AAST on Facebook and Twitter using #STAW2019. At the end of Sleep Technologist Appreciation Week we will be selecting one entry to win a free AAST membership for 2020.
Day-To-Day Celebration Ideas
- Sunday, October 27 – Get social. Tell your community that you’re celebrating all week by posting using #STAW2019.
- Monday, October 28 – Download a “thank a tech” poster to hang in your facility.
- Tuesday, October 29 – Join AAST and get the rest of 2019 for free! When you renew this week, receive 2 additional free CECs in 2020.
- Wednesday, October 30 – Say thanks. A handwritten thank-you note is always appreciated. Ask your administration and other key stakeholders to show their thanks, too, by signing your note or writing one of their own.
- Thursday, October 31 – Hand out awards. Host an awards ceremony and print certificates of appreciation to present to each of your team members. Make it fun!
- Friday, November 1 – Let’s eat! Host a potluck lunch, healthy treat, or dessert day. Challenge your colleagues to see who can complete the Sleep Tech Word search first!
- Saturday, November 2 – Get social. Share photos from your celebration or photos of your team on social using #STAW2019.
Other Celebration Ideas
- Post a large corkboard in a visible place with pictures of your team. Write captions below each photo with the employee's name, and describe one of their best qualities. Encourage team members to add their praises to the corkboard throughout the week.
- Identify specific job-related skills your employees want to know more about. Invite a special guest with expertise in that area to spend the day at your facility.
- Arrange for team members who have made special contributions to the department's success throughout the year to have lunch with upper management
- It's a classic: Guess the baby picture! Invite all staff members to bring in a picture of themselves as a baby. Create a bulletin board with all of the photos-whoever gets the most right wins a prize!