Insomnia Wire is an occasional supplemental news report
capturing insomnia news of relevant interest to sleep
technologists and sleep health educators not featured in our
regular news series, This Week in Sleep Medicine.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
NOTE: Some links might require additional registration or password access. If you work in a sleep clinic, hospital system, or research institution, you should be able to allocate access through them.
- CBC News : About 30% of Canadians suffer from a sleep disorder—and less is known about women's insomnia [SEP 22, 2019]
- Reuters : Childhood behavior problems linked to insomnia in adulthood [SEP 18, 2019]
- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine : Presleep Cognitive Arousal and Insomnia Comorbid to Parkinson Disease: Evidence for a Serial Mediation Model of Sleep-Related Safety Behaviors and Dysfunctional Beliefs About Sleep [SEP 15, 2019]
- NeurologyLive : Reshaping Insomnia Treatment Via the Orexin Receptor Pathway [AUG 28, 2019]
- Digital Health Age : Internet CBT firm publishes new psychotherapy research [AUG 27, 2019]
- MD Magazine : Prevalence of Insomnia Disorder With Age [AUG 22, 2019]
- Sleep : Economic Aspects of Insomnia Medication Treatment Among Medicare Beneficiaries [AUG 16, 2019]
- Flinders University via ScienceDaily : Treat insomnia before sleep apnea [AUG 13, 2019]
- Sleep : Cognitive and behavioral therapy for insomnia increases the use of continuous positive airway pressure therapy in obstructive sleep apnea participants with co-morbid insomnia: A randomized clinical trial [AUG 12, 2019]
- EClinicalMedicine : Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial on the Efficacy of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure and Adaptive Servo-Ventilation in the Treatment of Chronic Complex Insomnia [AUG 8, 2019]