Recent Insomnia News, Winter 2020
Insomnia Wire is an occasional supplemental news report
capturing insomnia news of relevant interest to sleep
technologists and sleep health educators not featured in our regular news series, This Week in Sleep Medicine.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT...
NOTE: Some links might require additional registration or password access. If you work in a sleep clinic, hospital system, or research institution, you should be able to allocate access through them.
- Sleep Medicine Reviews via ScienceDirect : Failure of fear extinction in insomnia: an evolutionary perspective [FEB 13, 2020]
- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine : Insomnia associated with traffic noise and proximity to traffic – a cross-sectional study of the RHINE III population [FEB 5, 2020]
- Hindawi Sleep Disorders : An fMRI Study of the Effects of Vibroacoustic Stimulation on Functional Connectivity in Patients with Insomnia [FEB 4, 2020]
- BMJ : Medicinal cannabis may not ease sleep problems in the long run [FEB 20, 2020]
- Brain Sciences : Acute and Chronic Insomnia: What Has Time and/or Hyperarousal Got to Do with It? [JAN 29, 2020]
- The New Statesman : The insomnia problem: A vivid and disturbing memoir sheds light on our cultural anxiety about sleep. [JAN 29, 2020]
- Loma Linda University Health : Most teens who seek insomnia treatment have underlying mental health issues [JAN 28, 2020]
- Psychology Today : The Anatomy of Insomnia [JAN 24, 2020]
- Sleep Review : Video-Conference CBT-I May Be an Accessible Solution for Your Insomnia Patients [JAN 16, 2020]
- SLEEP : The effect of cognitive and behavioral therapy for insomnia on week-to-week changes in sleepiness and sleep parameters in patients with comorbid insomnia and sleep apnea: a randomized controlled trial [JAN 12, 2020]
- Medical News Today : Insomnia: When I took part in a sleep study [JAN 10, 2020]2.
- Romper : How Long Does Postpartum Insomnia Last? Experts Explain [JAN 8, 2020]
- Journal of Clinical Neurology : Insomnia Symptoms and Mood Disturbances in Shift Workers with Different Chronotypes and Working Schedules [DEC 30, 2019]
- JAMA Network : Pharmacotherapy for Insomnia Disorder in Older Adults [DEC 27, 2019]
- MedPage Today : Published Data Confirm New Insomnia Drug's Performance [DEC 27, 2019]
- Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry via Scielo : Sublingual and oral zolpidem for insomnia disorder: a 3-month randomized trial [DEC 20, 2019]
- SLEEP : The Natural History of Insomnia: the incidence of acute insomnia and subsequent progression to chronic insomnia or recovery in good sleeper subjects [DEC 18, 2019]
- Journal of Clinical Sleep Medicine : Predictors of Insomnia Severity Index Profiles in United States Veterans With Obstructive Sleep Apnea [DEC 15, 2019]
- Sleep Medicine via ScienceDirect : Revisiting the value of polysomnographic data in insomnia: more than meets the eye [DEC 13, 2019]
- Columbia University Irving Medical Center via NewsWise : Refined Carbs May Trigger Insomnia, Finds Study [DEC 11, 2019]
- Washington State University via NewsWise : Skipping one night of sleep may leave insomniacs twice as impaired, study says [DEC 11, 2019]
- Brain Communications : Two distinct prions in fatal familial insomnia and its sporadic form [DEC 9, 2019]
- Medscape : Melatonin: Magic Potion or Unregulated Danger? [DEC 5, 2019]
- Journal of Traumatic Stress : Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Severity and Insomnia‐Related Sleep Disturbances: Longitudinal Associations in a Large, Gender‐Balanced Cohort of Combat‐Exposed Veterans [DEC 4, 2019]
- The Sleep Doctor : Terpenes: They are Not Just in Marijuana and They Can Help with Sleep [DEC 3, 2019]