The success of the AAST is due largely to volunteer committee members who provide an invaluable service to the association. By contributing through diverse activities and projects, committees and councils assist the organization in advancing and promoting the sleep technology profession.
Service on a committee or council is a three-year appointment. AAST currently has five standing committees and two councils on which members can serve:
- CEC Accreditation Committee
- Program Committee
- Standards and Guidelines Committee
- Educational Advisory Committee
- Membership Advisory Council
- Strategic Content Council
2020 Call for Volunteers
AAST invites you to apply to be a volunteer member on a committee or council! Volunteering is one of the best ways to get the most out of your AAST membership because it gives you the opportunity to connect with fellow members, share ideas, and gain valuable leadership experience all while making a difference in our organization and industry.
With several committees to choose from, you are sure to find one that matches your
area of interest and expertise. AAST membership is required in order to volunteer on a committee or council.
The call for volunteers will close on Monday, August 31, so please be sure to submit your application before then! If you have any questions about volunteering on one of AAST's committees or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-321-5191.
CEC Accreditation Committee
The charge of the CEC Accreditation Committee is to review and recommend CE credits for sleep educational activities, including courses, lectures, workshops and computer based learning activities ensuring that all meet high standards and fulfill the CEC Program criteria approved by the AAST Board of Directors.
- Steven Lenik, RPSGT, RST, Committee Chair
- Charli Evans, RPSGT, RST, Committee Vice Chair
- Daniel D. Lane, BS, RPSGT, CCSH, Board Liaison
- Jon Atkinson, BS, RPSGT, CCSH, FAAST
- Daniel Herold, RPSGT
- Lisa Bond, RPSGT, RST
- Thomas Finstuen, RPSGT, RST, R. EEG T.
- Byron Jamerson, RPSGT, RST, CCSH
- Kristina Davis, RPSGT, RST
The charge of the Program Committee is to prepare the educational program content for the AAST Annual Meeting, and courses that meet the training and continuing education needs of the sleep profession. The Program Committee, working with designated staff, will identify relevant, diverse and cutting-edge topics and associated speakers to include within annual meeting schedule to meet the educational needs of the AAST membership and conference attendees.
- Laree Fordyce, RPSGT, RST, CCRP, Committee Chair and Board Liaison
- Pamela DeYoung, BA, RPSGT, Committee Vice Chair
- Marietta Bibbs, BA, RPSGT, CCSH
- Sarah L. Brennecka, BA, RPSGT
- Connstance Shivers-Smith, RPSGT, RST
- Laurie Skinger, RST
- Gary Lavalette, CRT, RPSGT, RST
- Deborah Holderman, RPSGT
- Andrea Ramberg, RPSGT, CCSH
Standards and Guidelines Committee
The charge of the Standards and Guidelines Committee is to develop and update appropriate technical guidelines and competencies, position statements, educational guidelines, care plans, and other tools for evaluation and monitoring patients with sleep disorders based on literature review, expert opinion, consensus, and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation standards and Clinical Practice Parameters.
- Matthew Anastasi, RPSGT, RST, Committee Chair
- T. Massey Arrington, MBA, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, Committee Vice Chair
- Julie DeWitte, RCP, RPSGT, RST, Board Liaison
- Lata Casturi, MS, RPSGT, RST, CCSH,
- Lisa Endee, MPH, RRT-SDS, RPSGT, RST
- Cynthia Roth, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, CRT
- Russell Rozensky, MS, RRT-SDS, CPFT, RPSGT
Educational Advisory Committee
The Education Advisory Resource Committee (EAC) is a resource group of volunteers who will be guided by the AAST staff to strategize initiatives, guide best practices, and serve as ambassadors. Advisory members are visionaries, thought-leaders, strategizers, and ambassadors that come from AAST’s many constituencies.
- Laura Linley, CRT, RPSGT, FAAST, Committee Chair
- David Wolfe, RPSGT, RST, RRT-SDS, Board Liaison
- Amy Korn-Reavis, RRT, RPSGT
- Emerson Kerr, RPSGT, RRT
- Deb Guerrero, RPSGT, RRT
- Tamara Sellman, RPSGT, CCSH
- Daniel Lane, BS, RPSGT, CCSH
- Jana Perrin, RPSGT
Strategic Content Council
The Strategic Content Council will help guide the content strategy for AAST, playing an instrumental role in the development of themes and topics, identifying sources, and providing input on content format and channels for delivery.
- Brendan Duffy, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, Chair
- Michael G. Eden, RPSGT, RST, Board Liaison
- Kimberly Trotter
- Tamara Sellman
- Sarah L. Brennecka, BA, RPSGT
Membership Advisory Council
The Membership Advisory Council will support membership recruitment, renewal and engagement imperatives. This group will assist with outreach and will connect with members one-on-one, sharing thoughts and insights on perceived member value.
- Rui de Sousa, RPSGT, RST, Chair
- Brendan Duffy, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, Board Liaison
- Sonya Abercrombie, RPSGT
- Kimi Clark, RPSGT, RST
- Lisa Endee, BS, RRT-SDS, RPSGT
- Marlene Grady, RPSGT, RST
- Sherri Hanson, RPSGT, RST