The success of the AAST is due largely to volunteer committee members who provide an invaluable service to the association. By contributing through diverse activities and projects, committees and councils assist the organization in advancing and promoting the sleep technology profession.
2021 Call for Volunteers
AAST invites you to apply to be a volunteer member on one of these open committees this year! Descriptions of this year's open committees, their duties, and requirements to serve on one of AAST's open committee can be found in the application form below.
The 2021 Call for Volunteers opens September 1 and will close September 17, 2021. Applications will be reviewed by the AAST Executive Committee, and then applicants will be notified of their decision in October.
Standards and Guidelines Committee
The charge of the Standards and Guidelines Committee is to develop and update appropriate technical guidelines and competencies, position statements, educational guidelines, care plans, and other tools for evaluation and monitoring patients with sleep disorders based on literature review, expert opinion, consensus, and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine accreditation standards and Clinical Practice Parameters.
- T. Massey Arrington, MBA, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, Committee Chair
- Byron Jamerson, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, FAAST, Board Liaison
- Lisa Endee, MPH, RRT-SDS, RPSGT, RST, Committee Vice Chair
- Lata Casturi, MS, RPSGT, RST, CCSH,
- Darrell Collins, RPSGT
- Megan Donecker, RPSGT
- Geoff Eade, RPSGT, CCSH
- Danieliza Juniis-Johnson, MSE, LPN, RPSGT, RST
- Cynthia Roth, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, CRT
- Stacie Roupas, BS, RPSGT
- Russell Rozensky, MS, RRT-SDS, CPFT, RPSGT
- Tim Statza, RPSGT, RST, RCP
The Editorial Committee serves to help guide, curate, and author the content strategy for AAST, playing an instrumental role in the development of themes and topics, identifying sources, and providing input on the content strategy and channels for delivery of the A2Zzz publication, AAST blogs, and more. This committees meets on a bimonthly basis or as needed.
- Brendan Duffy, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, Chair
- Michael G. Eden, RPSGT, RST, Board Liaison
- Kimberly Trotter, MA, RPSGT, FAAST
- Sarah L. Brennecka, BA, RPSGT
Educational Advisory Committee
The Education Advisory Resource Committee is a resource group of volunteers who will be guided by the AAST staff to strategize initiatives, guide best practices, and serve as ambassadors. Advisory members are visionaries, thought-leaders, strategizers, and ambassadors that come from AAST’s many constituencies.
- Laura Linley, CRT, RPSGT, FAAST, Committee Chair
- Emerson Kerr, RRT, RPSGT, FAAST, Board Liaison
- Amy Korn-Reavis, RRT, RPSGT, Committee Vice-Chair
- Kevin Adley, RPSGT, CCSH
- Denise Alexander, RRT, RPSGT
- Sarah Brennecka, BA, RPSGT
- Dottie Covey-Elleby, BS, RPSGT
- Deb Guerrero, RRT, RPSGT
- James Shannon Dean, BS, RPSGT, CCSH
- Robin James, RPSGT, CRT, RCP
- Daniel D. Lane, MAPsy, BS, CCSH, RPSGT
- Jana Perrin, RPSGT
CEC Accreditation Committee
The charge of the CEC Accreditation Committee is to review and recommend CE credits for sleep educational activities, including courses, lectures, workshops and computer based learning activities ensuring that all meet high standards and fulfill the CEC Program criteria approved by the AAST Board of Directors.
- Steven Lenik, RPSGT, RST, Committee Chair
- Charli Evans, RPSGT, RST, Committee Vice Chair
- Daniel D. Lane, MAPsy, BS, CCSH, RPSGT, Board Liaison
- Jon Atkinson, BS, RPSGT, CCSH, FAAST
- Linda Berry, RPSGT
- Lisa Bond, RPSGT, RST
- Kristina Davis, RPSGT, RST
- Thomas Finstuen, RPSGT, RST, R. EEG T.
- Luanne Garrett, BA, RPSGT
- Daniel Herold, RPSGT
- Byron Jamerson, RPSGT, RST, CCSH, FAAST
- LeeAnn Magee, RRT, RPSGT
- Monique Moore, RPSGT
- Regina Pitts, RPSGT