The AAST Continuing Education Credit (CEC) Program provides educational providers with the opportunity to apply for and award their attendees AAST-approved CECs for in-person and online events. CECs earned through AAST-approved educational opportunities will be accepted by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists (BRPT) for purposes of registered and certified polysomnographic technologist recertification.
Notice - September 1, 2021
The AAST Board of Directors is proud to announce that as of September 1, 2021 providers are no longer required to submit Post-Event CEC Filing Fees for AAST-approved educational offerings. Providers with current approved, or pending programs and all future approved programs will not require post-event CEC filing fees in order to record your attendees' CECs.
New educational providers, please visit https://cec.aastweb.org/account/login and select "Register as a Provider". Follow the prompts to create a new profile. For any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking to Apply for AAST CECs? Start Here!
Providers can take advantage of the following actions in the CEC portal:
- Submit program offerings for AAST-approved CEC review for approval
- Applications are reviewed within 2-3 weeks. Applications submitted in <30 days to the event start will include a late fee.
- Report approved-program attendance (by individual or via bulk upload) for AAST members and guests
- View your program submission status and history
- Search practitioner directory (AAST Members and Guests)
- Copy existing approved-programs for new applications!
Step-by-Step How-to Documentation:
- Applications - Who, When, and How Much?
- How to Submit an AAST CEC Application
- How to Report Post-Activity Attendance
- How to Find or Create an AAST ID
- Need more help? Contact us.
Note all attendees of AAST-approved events who wish to claim AAST Continuing Education Credits through their AAST account must have an AAST User ID.
Attendees must have at least a free guest account with the AAST to obtain and provide educational providers with their User ID.
To help support this process, we recommend using this process document, which illustrates how to obtain an AAST User ID, and provide these instructions to all of your attendees at the time of registration. You may also use this drafted email template to adapt and provide a reminder to your attendees before the registration process begins.
AAST CEC Calendar
Educational Providers who submit a program for review may take advantage of AAST Headquarters' CEC Calendar. This opportunity is included within the application form. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please check yes on the application form, or reach out to email@example.com.
Sleep technologists may use this calendar to seek out activities for Continuing Education Credit. All of the activities listed in the AAST CEC Calendar have been deemed of high quality and will meet the professional needs of sleep technologists.
Click here to view Scheduled CEC Activities.