In honor of Sharon A. Keenan, Ph.D., RPSGT
This award was established in 2002 to honor Dr. Keenan, a pioneer in training, education, and professional development for sleep technologists, who served as AAST president from 1983 to 1991.
This award honors and recognizes an AAST member who demonstrates exceptional commitment to advancing education in sleep technology.
All current AAST members.
A member nominated for this award has demonstrated significant contributions to the development and delivery of education, training, and professional development for sleep technologists:
- Contributions to development of training and educational programs at the national, state, or local level;
- Demonstrated commitment to expanding the visibility, recognition, appreciation, and support of education within the professional community;
- Serves as a positive influence on those entering the profession, as well as those seeking advanced education;
- Takes an active role in developing and expanding educational resources for the student and practicing technologist.
Please provide detailed information to support the nomination:
- Provide a description of the accomplishment.
- Why does the nominee deserve to receive the Professional Development Service Award?
- What impact has the nominee’s accomplishment had on the AAST?
- Has this individual demonstrated the criteria indicated above?
- Additional comments.
The information provided will be used by the Awards Committee to determine the recipient of this award.
2019 - Mary Ellen Wells
2018 - Debra Guerrero
2016- Rita Brooks
2015 - Ahmed El-Gendy
2014 - Lisa Bond
2013 - Harry Whitmore
2012 - Will Eckhardt
2011 - Debra Guerrero
2010 - Ray Gamble
2009 - Chad Whittlef
2008 - Debbie Akers
2007 - Mary Kay Hobby
2006 - Karen Y. Allen
2005 - Edwin Cintron
2004 - Terrence Molloy
2003 - Paula Goff-Reighert
2002 - Nic Butkov